What to expect
You'll work with me, Katie, through this process, which usually lasts 2-3 weeks. I will help you organize and visualize your health story so you can understand what happened, communicate better, and tell your story with confidence. (Here's a little more about me.)
You can kick off this process by contacting me. After that, here's what working together looks like:
1. Fill out initial paperwork
After you pay a kick-off fee (I’m currently taking patient clients on a sliding scale, from $100-$300) and sign a client agreement, I'll ask you to fill in as much info as you can in this Google Doc template.
2. Talk through your story
We'll schedule time to talk through everything on a video or phone call. This usually takes 60-90 minutes. I'll ask a lot of questions, and you can always 'pass' on any topic.
3. Review drafts and give feedback
I'll put together a draft for us to review; usually this includes a timeline and an organized health summary. But if you have other needs, we may put together something else, like symptom drawings.
4. Share your story with confidence
Once everything is ready, you are now better prepared to understand what happened, tell your story with confidence, and work together better with your doctors! Most people print their timeline and summary and bring it to their next doctor visit.
Is this for me?
The people who find this work most helpful are often:
- still looking for a diagnosis
- dealing with a complex health history and hoping to understand it better
- overwhelmed and need help prioritizing
- tired of repeating their story
- planning an upcoming appointment and concerned about using the time efficiently
If this sounds like you, you will likely get a lot of value from this process.
If you need to track your health on a daily basis to troubleshoot your symptoms, I can refer you to some trusted partners who can help. This is not my focus.
A few notes on working together
I want you to be completely comfortable working with me. I'll have you sign a client agreement before we get started, and here are a few important things to know:
- I won't share your information without your written permission.
I’m not a medical professional, but I am a professional ‘information distiller.’ I don’t offer any medical advice, but instead help you make sense of your story and will ask a lot of questions along the way.
- Sensitive topics may come up while we're talking - you can always 'pass' on questions or discussion topics.
Contact me to get started
I'd love to hear from you! Let's make sure this is a good fit - your questions are welcome.